Byers Opera House 1906
Just about 100 years ago, in 1906, in the dusty little cattle
town of Ft Worth Texas, a new building called the Byers Opera
House built. Cowboys and townsfolk would come by for the latest
show, but on Sept. 21, 1908 a new fangled thing called electricity
was added to the place, and just above the backstage door, a
little lightbulb was screwed in for the first and last time.
Byers Opera House 1908
About 100 years has marched by now. Cattle still drive through
the streets a few times a day, but the Beyers, renamed the Palace
Theatre, no longer stand. But the little Palace Bulb was saved,
and moved to the Stockyards Museum where Sarah Biles and friends
watch over it.